Monday, November 26, 2012

Planning for the Future, Preschool Version

"Mommy, I'm going to get married to M at school."
"Does M want to get married to you?"
"Um, I don't know, I'll ask him tomorrow."

Like many women girls, K is in love with the idea of weddings and the groom is of secondary importance.

The next day K told me that yes, M definitely wants to marry her, they will have the wedding now while they are still students but wait to have babies until they are grown-ups.

K's teacher told me about the wedding, too - apparently they have it all planned out - and said M is just as eager to marry K as K is to marry him.

The Slovak didn't take the news very well. He is used to K wanting to marry HIM and isn't ready for any other boys to take her heart.

Apo: (SK) "But K, I thought you want to marry me?"
K: (CZ) "I did, but you said you have Mommy so I found someone else."

Then yesterday she poured salt on the wound by talking about how all the boys at school want to kiss her.

Poor man. He can't take much more of this. I can't say I much liked the idea, either!

***

But then K had an issue last night where it turned out she is upset about getting older - she is afraid of getting old and dying and wants to stay how she is. We had a bit of a chat about the nature of life, time and fear of the unknown and I felt a tiny bit reassured that she is not rushing headlong into adulthood quite yet.

But soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet stoey.
    And, aren't we all afraid of getting older...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails