Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Language Diagrams

Inspired by the lovely diagrams at Multitongue Kids and other places, I thought I'd make one for our family, too. This is what actually goes on at our house right now:

As you can see, there is a whole lot more red than either shade of blue. It's not surprising that Slovak lags behind English at the moment. And of course the only Czech in our house is me talking to the Slovak. But when we move in a few months, here is how our ideal future situation might look:

A whole lot more blue obviously. It will be interesting to see if K is able to separate Slovak and Czech enough to continue speaking Slovak at home. I guess we'll see if and when the reality starts to approach the ideal! I'll have to save these and revisit them in a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails